Zen Maitri’s Almond Oil is light and moisturising, suitable for sensitive and eczema-prone skin and a great carrier oil for massage. It’s also ideal for adding other essential oils to.
Our Almond Oil is gently extracted using a cold-pressed method. This means it’s made without the use of heat or solvents that can otherwise spoil the oil.
Our Almond Oil comes from the sweet almond Prunus dulcis tree and is a naturally fragrant essential oil. The oil contains vitamins A and E and omega-3 fatty acids that are very beneficial to the skin.
The Health Benefits of Almond Oil
● It is a gentle non-comedogenic oil which means it doesn't clog the skin pores and is suitable for use on many different types of skin, from oily to dry and from babies to adults. It is also well suited to massage as it has a low viscosity allowing it to spread easily over the skin.
● Almond Oil also contains many nutrients including Vitamin A in the form of retinol which can smooth fine lines and encourage the growth of new skin cells.
● Almond Oil also contains Vitamin E and has antioxidant properties that can help smooth the skin, prevent cell damage and help to lessen skin damage from the sun's ultraviolet (UV) waves. The Omega-3 fatty acids in the oil can also help prevent premature ageing and prevent UV sun damage.
● It contains the mineral zinc and this nutrient is essential for skin healing including for acne, scars and stretch marks, in addition to ingesting zinc-rich foods or a supplement.
● The anti-inflammatory properties of almond oil can help reduce under-eye swelling circles and skin puffiness.
● Almond oil is great for the hair and scalp. It can help reduce dandruff and the associated itchy dry scalp and skin flakes, this is achieved by massaging in a small amount onto the scalp and leaving on for at least half an hour. Results can be seen after 3 treatments.
● Almond oil can also be used as hot oil deep conditioning treatment, by warming and massaging into the hair and scalp, and leaving under a towel wrap for a few hours.
● The essential minerals and nutrients in Almond oil can also help to improve hair growth with fuller, thicker and stronger hair with better shine and fewer split ends.
Almond Oil is a light, gentle oil suitable that’s an excellent moisturiser for soothing and softening dry skin. It’s also great for hair care, can improve complexion and skin tone, and can help prevent and calm eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis. Order yours today!