We offer two types of consultation. First is the Natural Health Consultation, an hour-long dive into your health and wellbeing. Second is the Express Consultation, which lasts for half an hour and is a great introduction to the world of natural health.
Both consultations give you a chance to explore your health concerns with a medical professional. You’ll receive a prescription made for you and your constitution and ongoing support.
Read on to learn more about our health consultations and the options we have available.
Why it’s the perfect time to have a health consultation with Zen Maitri
It's always a perfect time for a new start. Which is why we believe it’s more important than ever to assess your health and wellbeing.
Now can be the time that you rediscover your balance and start feeling better. Physically, mentally, and emotionally.
It can be challenging to know where to look and who to trust when it comes to health and wellbeing advice.
A health consultation with a qualified Medical Herbalist is a great place to start. A member of the Zen Maitri team can help you:
- Understand your unique constitution better
- Learn how to maintain a state of balanced health throughout the seasons
- Manage a specific health concern
A consultation with a Medical Herbalist can be empowering, helping you to take control of your health and wellbeing and look at the problems you face from a holistic perspective.
What does doing a health consultation involve?
During a consultation, a Medical Herbalist will ask questions about your health, diet and lifestyle to better understand the factors contributing to your current condition or symptoms.
They will examine and your medical history, listen to your current concerns and prescribe a bespoke blend of herb alongside dietary and lifestyle advice - all according to your symptoms and constitution.
Medical herbalists can assist clients in managing a wide range of conditions.
Why have a health consultation?
Health consultations result in two things. First, a bespoke prescription to target your concerns. This could be a herbal tea, tincture, oil, or supplement course.
Second, our consultations give you a chance to reflect on your health and start taking it more seriously. Taking care of ourselves has never been so important. Yet it’s something we all struggle with. A health consultation with a Medical Herbalist will give you the space, time and confidence to consider the bigger picture.
Everyone is different. We all have unique constitutions and live in different environments. Some of us work all day at our desks, while others work in environments that demand much more physical labour.
As a result, a one-size-fits-all approach to health can’t account for our individual differences. The diagnostic approach of a Medical Herbalist is person-centric, which means that any advice or prescription they advise will be tailored according to your specific constitution, health goals and lifestyle.
Attending to your health and wellbeing should never be a one-off. Rather, it should be a life-long process - a journey.
A health consultation with a Medical Herbalist marks the first step in your natural health journey. One in which you are taking the lead and empowering yourself to learn more about your own body and mind. A Medical Herbalist is there to guide you.
What types of health consultation are available?
We offer two types of consultation with our medical herbalists.
The Natural Health Consultation
This is our most comprehensive health and wellbeing consultation and is ideal if you have long term health concerns or if you are looking for thorough support with your health and wellbeing goals. Through an in-depth enquiry and analysis of your medical history, diet and lifestyle, our Medical Herbalists will look to find and tackle the root causes.
- One to one 60-minute consultation with a medical herbalist
- Full body systems enquiry
- In-depth assessment of your medical history, diet and lifestyle
- Research on your condition or symptoms
- Formulation of your bespoke prescription
- Lifestyle and dietary advice communicated via email
- Free 20-minute follow-up appointment to monitor your progress and determine whether any changes to your prescription are required.
- 15% discount on your first prescription and 10% off for every repeat thereafter.
The Express Health Consultation
Our Express Health consultation is ideal if you want to address one or two symptoms and you have no known chronic conditions. Through a brief enquiry and analysis of medical history, diet and lifestyle, our Medical Herbalist will offer you symptomatic relief with a brief exploration of causative factors.
- A one to one 30-minute consultation with a medical herbalist
- A brief inquiry into your medical history, diet and lifestyle relevant to your presenting symptom(s)
- Research on your symptom(s)
- Prescription Discount: 15% discount on your first prescription after doing an Express Health Consultation consultation and 10% off for every repeat thereafter.
- Formulation of your bespoke prescription.
- Free 10-minute follow-up appointment to monitor your progress and determine whether any modifications to your prescription are required
There’s never been a better time to take your health personally
The world is upside down at the moment, so we’ve adapted our consultations to suit.
You can now have your consultation digitally, using Skype, Zoom or Microsoft Teams to tap into the knowledge of our team from the comfort of your own home.
We’re here to provide the time and expertise you need to discover the power of herbal medicine. Find out more about our consultations here.