Bergamot Essential Oil is derived from the peel of the citrus bergamia fruit. It has a spicy, citrus and floral aroma that soothes anxiety and tension, while simultaneously increasing feelings of cheerfulness and mental sharpness.
Bergamot Essential Oil contains an active compound called limonene, which has powerful antimicrobial and antiseptic properties to soothe the skin and support immunity.
The Health Benefits of Bergamot Essential Oil
● This soothing and anti-inflammatory essential oil promotes healthy, toned and glowing skin when diluted with a carrier oil and used topically.
● Bergamot Essential Oil’s antimicrobial properties are useful for treating skin conditions like acne, psoriasis, cold sores, fungal infections, cuts and other irritations.
● You can diffuse Bergamot Essential Oil at home. Its antimicrobial properties help to halt the spread of germs.
● Inhaling Bergamot Essential Oil stimulates areas of the brain that elevate mood. It’s long been a popular essential oil for creating a serene environment and relieving stress and tension.
● Bergamot Essential Oil can also help those who struggle to fall and stay asleep. It calms the mind and body, allowing you to drift off easily and sleep peacefully.
We recommend Bergamot Essential Oil for its antimicrobial properties, its ability to treat acne, cold sores, and Psoriasis, and its mood-boosting benefits.
Take your aromatherapy up a notch with Zen Maitri’s pure Bergamot Essential Oil. Order yours today!
Essential oils are very concentrated plant extracts and therefore always need to be diluted before use to apply safely to the skin.
When applying essential oils to the body use these calculations for a 2% or 3% dilution: For a 2% dilution add 40 drops of essential oil to 100ml of carrier oil. For a 3% dilution add 60 drops of essential oil to 100ml of carrier oil.
When applying essential oils to the face use a 0.5% dilution: 5 drops per 100ml of carrier oil. Avoid use near or directly in the eyes.
When adding to bath use the following instructions: For a 2% dilution add 6 drops of essential oil to 15ml (1 tablespoon) of carrier oil For a 3% dilution add 9 drops of essential oil to 15ml (1 tablespoon) of carrier oil
For use in an oil burner or diffuser add 2-3 drops in the water.
Always patch test diluted essential oils on skin for 24 hours if you have sensitive skin.